Coronavirus update: Practising good hand hygiene
Practising good hand hygiene and avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth to avoid transferring germs from a surface are the most effective ways of helping to prevent the spread of the virus. Antibacterial hand gels are an ideal aid to support this practice when you are out and about or unable to carry out hand washing as usual. All Cuticura hand gels are antibacterial and proven to protect hands from 99.9% of bacteria.
Key situations when you need to wash your hands
(Source: World Health Organisation)
- After coughing or sneezing
- When caring for the sick
- Before, during and after you prepare food
- Before eating
- After toilet use
- When hands are visibly dirty
- After handling animals or animal waste
Follow Five Steps to WashYour Hands Effectively
(Source Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
Washing your hands is easy, and it’s one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs. Clean hands can stop germs from spreading from one person to another and throughout an entire community—from your home and workplace to childcare facilities and hospitals.
Follow these five steps every time
1. Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
2. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
3. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
4. Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
5. Dry your hands usinga clean towel or air dry them.
How to Use Anti Bacterial Hand Gels
Use one of our Cuticura hand gels. Supervise young children when they use hand sanitiser to prevent swallowing alcohol.
1. Spread from the fingerprints over palms and backs of hands.
2. Allow to dry without
wiping or rinsing.
Click below to find a list of questions we’re frequently asked about Covid and our products.